Gymnastics at the YMCA
Mommy & Me Gymnastics (18mths - 3yrs)
Fall 2014 Gymnastics Classes
A gymnastics class designed for you and your child together. Experience creative movement through weekly obstacle courses to climb, crawl, jump, swing and roll on. Children will learn various skills on equipment sized just for them.
Times: Tuesdays 6:30 - 7:00 pm
Fee: Member $20
Tiny Tumblers (ages 3 - 4 years old)
A fun beginners gymnastics program that focuses on improving motor skills by introducing strength, flexibility, balance, weight transfer and gymnastic exercise.
Times: Tuesdays 7:00 - 7:30 pm
* Thursday 10:00 - 10:30 am
(*combined Tiny Tumblers/Mommy & Me Class)
Fee: Member $25
Level 1 Gymnastics (ages 5 - 10 & 11 - 14)
Ideal for beginner gymnasts, this class focuses on the fundamentals of gymnastics, dance, strength and flexibility.Students will learn the following:
· Floor: forward, straddle & backwards rolls, cartwheels & bridges body awareness
· Beam: walking on high & low beams, forward, sideways, backwards, dip step, step kick & jumps
· Vault: running, jumping and squat ons
· Bars: pull-over, casting, back hip circles, swinging tuck-ups and pull ups
Times: Thursdays 5:30 - 6:30 pm
Fee: Members $40
Level 2 Gymnastics
Learning new skills while perfecting the old will be the focus of this class. To participate students must be able to perform the following skills:
1. Forward, straddle and backwards rolls
2. Bridge off their head with straight arms
3. Good cartwheel with straight legs
Will learn to do the following:
· Floor: one handed cartwheel, round offs, handstands, back bend pull up, back bend kick over & start back hand springs
· Beam: forwards, sideways and backwards walk on high beams without help. Dip step, step kick, straight and tuck jumps, forward rolls and hand stand on low beam.
· Vault: run with good technique, reach squat reach & straight jump on
· Bars: jump to front support, 3 hollow body cast, sole circle, hang on high bar, swing and release.
Times: Thursdays 6:30 - 7:30 pm
Fee: Members $40